Friday, May 20, 2011

My Last Stand

 This will probably be my last post for a while, because I am leaving for Spain tomorrow!! and I am not sure about my internet capabilities in spain, so it may be difficult to blog, but I will try my hardest..


So in this last week of my life ALOT has been going on. The fam-jam decided to have family night and we got some  pretty good pics from that, I can share for you..



My mom made homemade salsa from a friend's recipe and it is wonderful! She was in charge of appetizers


We also had wonderful bread and cucumbers. My favorite!


My cute Nana Dot made our salad


Dad strikes a pose as Cam Newton/ Heisman Winner/ Ultimate meat cooker ha...


Banks made twice baked potatoes, my mom made him scoop the potatoes out with the gentleness you would use holding a tiny baby bird.  The analogy worked?


Banks was also in charge of renting the dvd for the night. Here he is defending his choice of "No String Attached" as a family film, it was not....


I made Oreo Pie, a childhood favorite. and Eassyyy to make. As you can see, I have not been challenging myself in the culinary arts lately. All I needed was oreos and whipped cream.



Another project me and my mom took on... Graduation cap cupcakes (for Brother)!! They are made from Malt balls, chocolate wafers, fruit roll ups, mini m&ms and A TON OF PATIENCE! 


But they turned out pretty cute...


In my spare time I have been reading "South of Broad" by Pat Conroy. I really like his writing and this book was the best I have read by him so far... I couldn't put it down. It's based in Charleston, and made me want to move there even more when I finished it. I would recommend it as a good summer read! Full of mystery, humor, sadness, and the depravity of human nature.  I wouldn't read it if your looking for a light romance novel, but it's a good read if your looking for something else.
Disclaimer: Pat Conroy was raised by a strict Marine (my dad says Conroy's father was alot like his father, but I doubt it, this is dad's favorite author and if you don't know a strict Marine disregard this) and he tends to talk like he was raised by a Marine a.k.a. profanity. So if you don't want to read that, may want to find something else...


Read it and weep.

Have a wonderful Summer, see you America :)


                                      








2 comments:

  1. What fun, can we do it again in July?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spain updates pleasee!

    And I am impressed with the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete