Monday, May 9, 2011

My Foray into the Culinary Arts

So.... today began the start of my metamorphosis into the next Rachel Ray, or Paula Dean, or Barefoot Contessa (who allegedly dated John Mayer for a while, so I'm going with the Contessa)
My entrance into this journey began with a complicated recipe I was anxious to attempt.
(O yea... complicated. I must add that it was Cheesy Ranch Burger, which was wonderful)

So needless to say, my family was not as impressed as I was about this cooking masterpiece.  But, easy as my cooking was, it was actually delicious. So for further reference if your standing on the Hamburger Helper isle, pondering which of the many  versions of Hamburger Helper to purchase, I would advise you to consider this version. Not bad
Now, you may think that my family only eats Hamburger Helper for dinner, but we added some fresh greens as well, by learning how to steam broccoli. Again, not too creative or tough, but I know how to do it now, and in the process was reminded of a pretty funny childhood memory.
One time, while riffling through my kitchen for sweets when I was about 10, I came upon one of these
(I popped a bouillon cube into my mouth, expecting some delicious chocolate morsel, to say they least, I was sorely disappointed)
Another experience I had with a bouillon cube was when me and one of my best and longest friends decided to make a concoction to give her brother. Maddy and I were always coming up with pranks to play on him, which ranged from silly stringing his room to these many concoctions we would whip up (I was a creative cook even then). After mixing milk, pepper, pickle juice and any other disgusting substances into a glass, I distinctly recall adding a bouillon cube. Needless to say, Maddy's brother was not having the concoction (probably due to all the floating particles in our "delicious" milkshake we had so graciously made him).
So I hope you enjoyed my first blog into my cooking experiences, I'm sure there will be more to come.
Ciao 
(I'm thinking the barefoot contessa would definitely say something like that) 


1 comment:

  1. hahahahhaha I remember we said, "Maybe if we just leave it out he'll come by and drink it..." Even if Mason wasn't the pickiest eater in the world, he wouldn't have come near that concoction. I definitely remember all that nastiness.

    Also, have you seen the barefoot contessa??

    ReplyDelete