Monday, May 16, 2011

Cherokee People

So.. I saw this girl in Auburn who looked like this... well kinda....


Cool huh?
So I took it upon myself to find out what those were and were you get them. On my initial search, all I found was that these feathers could only be put in by a professional, and it wasn't cheap (and I like cheap)
So I kept up my search, I don't give up easily.  I figured I could install these feathers myself (I am cheap and like a good DIY project)
My Google searches kept bringing me to Etsy. After looking for hours and hours, I found a good deal and a cool assortment of feathers through Hellobow on Etsy. So after I waited and waited and waited (I get antsy when I have a package on the way) I received these beauty's.


Here are the two feathers I ordered from Hellobow.  I picked the plain striped feather and Custom Peacock Variegated feather.
Its actually pretty easy to put in and you instructions are found here:


Me and My dear mother got down to the task of installing my new feathers! For my first try, I chose the plain striped feather. Many people prefer to bunch feathers, buy thicker feathers etc. I like to take my daring moves lightly, so I chose a single feather.  You install the feather with a crimping bead, attached to a small piece of hair. 
Here is the result:




Voila!!
And through this my nana told me that her grandmother was a Cherokee Indian!! Cool huh? I am a small part indian... so I am invoking my ancestors!!
I've been listening to this song ever since I got the feathers! 
Happy Feathering Friends!






2 comments:

  1. i love your feather! your should bring some for your spanish family.. hahah ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i REALLY want hair feathers. i don't know if i can pull it off, but I really love yours!

    ReplyDelete